Thursday, September 17, 2015

Richmond Oysters, Richmond MELB

I am one of those foodies who have pet peeves on certain types of food and it so happens to involve protein from the sea/river. As a child, I avoided eating fish that has its skin still attached and mussels. And if I did eat any, no chewing is involved (yep, I am a professional swallow-er).

Fast forward time, I still get goosebumps whenever I see fish served with skin although admittedly, this is a far cry from what it used to be. As for mussels, well, let's just say I still try to avoid it. Ahh the perks of being an adult. Same applies to eating oysters - not something that I will appreciate nor will I crave for it.

And so, this explains my reluctance to head to this restaurant knowing that my choices are limited to fish and chips or maybe a bowl of salad. The waiter was very knowledgeable in detailing to us the various types of oysters served here and I just allowed my companion to go berserk at ordering.

When a plate of a dozen oysters (can't recall where these oysters were from) and an assortment of sauces/vinaigrette were brought to our table, I was probably more interested in testing out the sauces. After sampling one of the oysters with a dash of homemade chilli sauce, I was blown away by the oyster's sweetness. It was fresh, juicy and tasted like the sea. Best oysters I have had in my entire life. Not kidding at all. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Fish and chips with pear salad, crumbed calamari rings, scallop and prawns. The pear salad was very refreshing and cuts through the oil from the seafood and chips really well. The chips were fried to my liking aka not too crisp nor soggy. Fish was evenly coated with batter and still exuded a lovely crunch sound at the touch of my fork.


My verdict? Sometimes it's good to test your limits and be amazed at what you find. For me, oysters will still be something that I do not crave but when I do, I know where to go;)

Richmond Oysters Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: