Sunday, March 17, 2019

Beatrix, North Melbourne MELB

Quick catch up with a college friend over afternoon tea. First time I have set foot in North Melbourne, a foreign, industrial like suburb with possibly, only one row of shops to service the entire neighbourhood.

Easily noticeable due to a long queue outside this corner cafe, mostly patrons eagerly waiting to get takeaways. Silly me went into a nearby cafe for a quick drink and to use the washroom as I was unsure whether this cafe had washroom facilities.

Waited for about 15 minutes before the both of us were seated outdoors. Table service is available and yes, cakes/ tarts were available on a first come first served basis.


Wagon wheel and orange syrup cake - both equally yummy, the formal tasting much better compared to it's commercially available version as it was fresher. Orange syrup cake was not overly sweet and was something that I could have easily finished off myself had I not been sharing with this friend :p

Would certainly pop by again in the future, hopefully a tad earlier to avoid missing out on other treats.

Beatrix Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: