Thursday, September 5, 2019

Korea: Myeongdong Kyoja SEOUL

Myeongdong Kyoja was one the many places I found whilst randomly searching the neighbourhood for good and affordable bites on my last day in Seoul. With two branches located in Myeongdong, diners do not have to wander far to recharge from shopping around the area.

Seeing as I was travelling by myself, I chose to have a later lunch to avoid the lunch queue and albeit being very popular on the internet, I was surprised to know that small groups can be easily accommodated as their turn over rate is relatively quick.

For those interested, I was observing from a single diner table aka a communal table with a divider between patrons. Cutlery is kept in the drawers and sauces/condiments are placed on the table.

My order was taken as soon as I sat down, not sure if it was because they assumed, I was a local and hence, did not require a menu. Thankfully, I had a dish in mind that I have been craving for which was kalguksu aka knife cut noodles.


Served with four dumplings and a generous dollop of minced meat, I was immediately hooked on the dish after slurping a spoonful of handmade noodles. I would have loved to order a plate of mandoo (dumplings) but was concerned the portion might be a tad overwhelming. Broth was flavourful, dumplings were well seasoned and noodles had a good bite to it.


Having read ravings about their house made kimchi, I do agree it was tastier compared to the others but also verging on the spicier side of the scale. As per norm, kimchi refills are available upon request.

Overall? Thumbs up to this place, worth a visit for those in the vicinity and are looking for a quick bite!

No comments: