Monday, January 13, 2020

ZIMT, Surrey Hills MELB

I have been meaning to drop by this cafe for some time but never did had a good enough reason to do so until last Sunday. Seeing as there's no afternoon classes at the gym, I dragged the sister out with me to satisfy my sweet tooth.

With a glistening array of cakes and tarts coated in, be it, chocolate ganache, buttercream or even a thin layer of syrup, choosing just one item to share between the two of us was no easy feat. And so, I left the decision with the sister.

Vanilla milkshake - missing the refreshing, creamy, indulgent taste of a milkshake and we can't work out what could be missing. May possibly be due to an incorrect ratio of milk and cream?

Pistachio, cherry and chocolate cake - this piece was indeed very decadent and I found it a little too sweet for my liking. Whilst I liked the pistachio cake layer, I thought the chocolate mousse layer was not necessary as it overpowered the subtle aroma of the pistachios. The cherry(?) layer was strangely enough lacking and a little different in comparison to what others have photographed and posted on Zomato?

A second visit may be necessary to suss out the other goods for sure!

ZIMT Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: