Monday, December 8, 2014

Winter inspired carrot cake recipe

As 2014 draws to an end, I am once again reflecting on the major ups and downs that are indirectly,valuable lessons in life. This year, I have learnt to be more experimental and bold in whatever I do be it baking or speaking out loud.

I still do appreciate my "me" time but nowadays, I am much more inclined to agree to do something silly/ go somewhere crazy rather than shy away from that thought. 2014 is filled with more than a handful of unfortunate death events that made me realize one has to live life to the fullest or regret not knowing what would have happened if one did not try. After all, what's the worst that could happen for my scenario?:)

Here is a recipe for one of the moist-est and densest carrot cakes that I have made thus far. Goes well with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top and best served warm.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1.5 cups melted butter
3 eggs
2 3/4 cups self raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup raisins soaked in 50ml Grand Mariner
2 1/4 cups grated carrots
10ml milk

1. Soak raisin in alcohol overnight. Feel free to use whatever type of liquor that ticks your fancy. For an alcoholic free version, try soaking it in a cup of tea.
2. Beat butter and sugar together.
3. Gradually incorporate the eggs, milk, spices and salt.
4. Chuck in your raisins, give it a good stir, then add carrots.
5. Lastly, add flour and mix well.
6. Bake at 170C for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.



No comments: