I have made this dish a few times before but to my surprise, I have yet to blog about it. And I should as it is a pretty easy dish to make and one that you are meant to leave bubbling away.
1 packet of bak kut teh herb mix (easily available at any Asian grocer)
8 cloves of garlic, smashed
1kg of pork ribs (can be a mix of ribs and meat)
Enough water to submerge the pork in (about 2L?)
1. Blanch the pork pieces in hot water for around 3-4 minutes or at least until the exterior appears cooked.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil.
3. Toss in pork pieces, garlic and the bak kut teh mix.
4. Allow to boil for around 1-2 hours on low heat - until the tea/ herb flavour is evident.
5. Season with soy sauce and salt.
Didn't I say it's simple? And it's also a great for sharing dish:)