Monday, June 19, 2017

Blue Chillies, Fitzroy MELB

One of the first few Malaysian restaurants that I have came to known when I relocated to Melbourne in 2015 and also one that I did not manage time for a visit due to its distance. Am very grateful to WL for being such a sport and ferrying me to places that I would think almost impossible to get around to.

Being close by to his workplace, WL is a frequent visitor to the point where even the floor staff can recognize him. Laidback atmosphere and one that exaggerates a warm environment as we slowly enjoyed what's left of a Sunday well spent.

Curry kapitan - I love how well spiced and balanced this dish was in terms of spiciness. A faultless one that pairs well with steamed rice or even a sliver of roti to lap up the sauce.

Slow cooked duck rendang - I am obsessed with duck and again, was not disappointed with what was presented on our table. After being slow cooked. the duck meat became extremely tender and flavourful, all while still retaining it's shape. Highly recommended in my books.

Belachan spinach - shrimp paste is traditionally used to cook this dish and yes, it was delicious. Spinach leaves still retained its vibrant green hue and has taken on slightly spicy aroma from the roasted shrimp paste used.

Pandan crepes filled with coconut soaked in gula melaka and vanilla ice cream - A little reserved in terms of the coconut filling but still tasty nonetheless. One of my favourite Malaysian treats despite all the sugar that it comes coated with.

Blue Chillies Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: