Friday, June 16, 2017

Mama Manoush, Fitzroy MELB

Exactly a week ago, I hopped into an unknown van that brought me to a quieter side of Fitzroy, slightly away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. Said bully A actually behaved himself and ensured I did not make any attempt at jumping off the van in mid traffic.

Despite having had a good feast that day, fatigue got the better of me, resulting in a collection of terrible pictures of the night :/


Chicken wingettes - marinated in Mama Manoush's special herbs and spices, coriander and fresh lemon juice. Zesty and fresh dish to start the meal with.

Makanek - mini seasoned lamb and beef sausages topped with fresh lemon juice. Sausages were well seasoned but aside from that, a little dry if consumed without any accompaniments.

Falafel - chickpea and beans mixed with herbs and spices, lightly fried. I am a big fan of falafel and would have liked a little more beans mixed into it. I do like my falafel to be extra packed with green goodness tho.

The meat lovers platter - definitely out of my comfort zone when it comes to ordering middle Eastern dishes. Always good to come with people who know what they want to order and being me, I would play along :p Marinated lamb and chicken breast came served with salad, chips and dipping sauce.


Kafta calzone - reminded me of Jack the halloween pumpkin hehe. Very rustic in appearance and filled with a deliciously marinated sausage coated with a thin spread of tomato chutney.

Overall, not a bad day it was despite the less than desirable photos I took that day. A second visit may be necessary to do this place justice :p

Mama Manoush Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: