Saturday, June 16, 2018

Shortstop Coffee & Donuts, CBD MELB

On my second last day working in the CBD, I pondered on how shall I make it a memorable one and the only thought that came to mind was the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. But wait...I don't always have to order coffee, why not one or two delectable sweets as well?

Having walked past this shop for a few years now, I finally made time to pop by and order a few doughnuts to take away. My first encounter with doughnuts was back in Malaysia at a shop called Dunkin Donuts, located next to a massive supermarket. And ever since then, the sight of colourful, iced doughnuts never fails to make me stop in the midst of my tracks.

Ordered a latte to takeaway because, why not? I am in the mood to treat myself >:) Also gave me time to observe the bakers working their magic on preparing the doughnuts.

Top left to bottom: Earl grey and rose, sticky date and gingerbread, tiramisu, cinnamon, cardamom and sugar; and maple walnut and brown butter. My favourite was the pretty combination of earl grey and rose which had a really pleasant robust aroma of earl grey against a subtle, floral rose aroma. Tiramisu was probably my second favourite among the lot being that it was well packed with caffeine.

In a separate box, I had the triple matcha cake. Would have liked a stronger matcha aroma in it but still tasty nonetheless. Found the sticky date and gingerbread a little too sweet to my liking tho:(


Shortstop Coffee & Donuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: