As always, time seems to be slipping away (more so on the weekends) and with only a few weeks to go, I am trying my best to adhere to a strict diet. That way I can have a feast overseas without excessively worrying about weight gain.
A quick dinner stir fry using basic ingredients and one that is reminds me of Chinese takeaway fare. Slightly spicy, crunchy and most importantly, yummy. Do try this out and give me some feedback.
300g Chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped and marinated in soy sauce, shaoxing wine and pepper
Roughly 50g dried chillies
3/4 cup peanuts
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger
2 spring onion stalks
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
Sugar and salt to taste
1. Fry garlic, ginger and dried chillies over medium heat before tossing in chicken fillets.
2. Cook chicken fillets thoroughly, add soy sauce, white vinegar and hoisin sauce.
3. Add about 30ml (or just enough water) so that the sauce can be easily mixed with the chicken fillets.
4. Toss in peanuts and give the mix a quick 2 minute stir fry before adding the spring onions.
5. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice.