Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Baowei, Forest Hill MELB

Upon return back to Australia, it was clear that my taste buds were craving for familiar Asian flavours and with that said, I steered clear from anything that is not from that category. So when the family decided on heading out for a meal, I managed to "convince" everyone to have dumplings.

I have heard good feedback about this restaurant and as per usual, curiousity led me here. Service was a tad chaotic although we were seated fairly quickly, having only to wait for perhaps 8 minutes.

Baowei steamed juicy pork buns - may not be as luxuriously stuffed compared to those found at Din Tai Fung but still tasty nevertheless. Filled with the right ratio of meat and broth.

Chicken meatball noodle soup with tomatoes and vegetables - reminded me of ABC soup with chicken meatballs but hey, it's mum's decision (and meal) at the end of the day.

Pot stickers (pan-fried dumplings with chicken and prawns) - I like how each piece of dumpling was not dripping in oil and arrived piping hot at our table. Brownie points for having good dumpling wrappers too aka not too thin nor thick.

Stewed beef noodle soup with vegetables, tahini and garlic sauce - beef pieces were a little dry and would fare better if it had some moisture to it. Can't say I would highly rate their noodle dishes but on the flip side, I did enjoy the al dante texture of their noodles. Possibly homemade?

Steamed dumplings stuffed with chicken and prawn - so I did go overboard on the dumpling massacre and did not regret ordering another plate of it. What I found interesting is that Baowei's dumplings did not leave a greasy aftertaste on my palate or lips and so, I can somewhat deduce that perhaps they do not compromise on the quality of their ingredients?

Baowie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: