Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bao House, Glen Waverley MELB

Kingsway in Glen Waverley is one of the few places that I constantly revisit from time to time due to convenience and I daresay that I have been to each restaurant/ cafe at least twice in my life. When owner Oskar invited me for a meal at his newly opened restaurant, I eagerly jumped at that opportunity.

The restaurant serves Chinese dishes and one can choose from rice or noodle dishes to heartier sharing plates. Ample of seating area if one can find parking on the streets as it can get quite chaotic during meal times.

Carrot, water chestnut and sugarcane drink - very refreshing and served us well after a rather hot day in Melbourne.

Ginseng chicken soup - Ironically, the hot weather did not stop us from having hot soup for dinner. Light consistency, boosting a mildly pleasant chicken aroma to it.


Prawn dumplings - I am a big fan of dumplings and this was right up my alley. Generous filling and comes served in a soup or dry version.

Black pepper beef fillet claypot rice - Claypot rice is one of those dishes that I rarely have in Asia because the idea of having a scorching hot meal in an already hot country was not appealing. Oskar convinced us to try his claypot dishes and boy, did we not regret it at all.

The crispy rice texture complimented the soft pieces of gravy covered beef fillet well, giving it a coincidental contrast in textures and flavour. One of my favourite dishes for the night and one that I would highly recommend to anyone coming here.

Gai lan with oyster sauce - we all need some roughage, yes?

Coconut jelly - Oskar surprised us with this for dessert and it was a good way to end our meal. Light, refreshing and full of coconut essence, this may be a popular item during the hot summer months. The sister happily scrapped the coconut for the extra bits of coconut flesh.


Bao House 煲宫 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: