Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Loose Caboose Cafe, Hindmarsh ADL

Alas, one of the last few brunch places that I must try out in Adelaide. I do have a few of my favourite spots to go but every now and then, a spin to my daily routine won't hurt. Luckily for us, the mr.sunshine was up early and having arrived early, we escaped the lunch crowd.

Loose Caboose is situated right next to the train station, making it a prime spot for train commuters to stop by and having a team of friendly staff made the atmosphere all the more pleasant. The menu does list out a few traditional options as well as a few "creations" from the kitchen.

Spanish omelette ~ chorizo, pickled radish salad and tortilla. I did not mind this although a bit more seasoning would be good.



Conductor's brunch ~ pork sausage, bacon, mushroom, tomato,goats curd, poached eggs and toasted rye bread. Was disappointed with this dish. Pork sausage was pretty generic and reminded me of a home brand product and tomatoes came out cold. Was not sure if it was intentional or not but for $20, we were expecting a little more than basic fry-ups.

Caboose sliders with chips ~ I liked the look of this dish and enjoyed it although it had a little too much mustard for my liking.


The Loose Caboose Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: