As most of my family and friends would know, I have a very prominent sweet tooth. Not the most ideal character for a female because gorging on all things sugary and buttery means extra calories to be burnt off in the gym.
And so, moderation is key with lots of discipline involved, unfortunately. Whilst I can't say no to preparing sweets in the kitchen (think of all those ingredients rotting away in the pantry!), I try to whip up something that can easily be shared around.
Here is an easy recipe that I found on the internet and have done a few modifications to make it a bit more tangy, fresh and with less sugar involved. Takes less than 15 minutes to prepare it and definitely kid-friendly too!:)
1 cup shredded coconut, slightly toasted
300g marie biscuits
250g condensed milk
1 cup icing
25g melted butter
4 tbsp shredded coconut
1. Melt butter and condensed milk together in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Crumb biscuits in a food processor and add to shredded coconut.
3. Grate lime and incorporate it to the biscuit and coconut milk. Make sure to stir it around for uniformity.
4. Once butter and condensed milk have liquefied,pour into the dry mix. Stir quickly. Once it appears to resemble a solid mix, evenly spread it on a baking tin lined with baking paper. Refridgerate.
5. Mix icing sugar with the juice of 2 limes and melted butter. The mix will appear to have a 30% runny consistency. Spread over the coconut slice and sprinkle generously with shredded coconut.
6. Allow mix to cool for at least 2 hours. Remove from baking tin and slice accordingly.