Cheesecakes tend to conjure fond memories for me - from my sister's favourite type of cake to a particular place in Malaysia the family and I love to a place where someone brought me because he knew I would like it.
Truth to be told, cheesecakes are pretty easy to make once you get the proportions right. Jazz the recipe up by changing the flavour or texture if you like. Baking time is imperative but much more forgiving compared to other types of cakes.
400g chocolate biscuits
95g unsalted butter, cubed
1/8 tsp salt
1. Blitz ingredients in a food processor and firmly press into bottom of a baking up and up the sides.
2. Refridgerate for at least 1 hour
905g cream cheese
300gm caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream cheese with sugar until mixture is evenly mixed.
2. Add vanilla extract and slowly add eggs to the mixture.
3. Pour into the baking tin lined with biscuits
100g frozen raspberries
20g caster sugar
1. Blitz in a food processor until it appears smooth.
2. Scatter dollops of raspberry sauce on cheesecake and drag a skewer around them to create swirls.
Bake cake in a steam bath at 170C for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cover the top of the cheesecake with aluminium foil to prevent browning - I made the terrible mistake of not covering it booo:(