Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Chayo, Clayton MELB

I am a big fan of Asian desserts and whenever a new outlet pops up within my vicinity, it won't be long until I make my way there. The weather was a blistering 34C that Sunday but being sleep
deprived did not stop me from crawling here after a filling lunch at a nearby dumpling restaurant.

The cafe is small and offers a decent selection of Japanese mains but what I was really after was a taste of their matcha drinks/desserts. Would love to a cool matcha/yuzu drink but decided on a warm up instead.


Matcha latte - not overly sweet or creamy and had a good aroma of matcha in it. I do like my caffeinated drinks sweet but hey, I wouldn't mind another cup of this.

Strawberry shortcake - having been to Japan a couple of times and both times, failed to have a slice of strawberry shortcake. Henceforth, this piece would make up for it despite strawberry texture from both countries being far from similar. Overall a really yummy slice that had the right balance of sweetness and tartness.

Chayō Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: