Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mamasita, CBD MELB

One of the highlights from my gruelling experience undertaking the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) in Taylor's College 10 years ago would be the friends I have met there. From day 1 until the very last days of college, everyone in my class were absolute gems be it with helping cover each other's class absence to celebrating birthdays at nearby cafes/ restaurants to studying together after classes.

Moving forth, I hardly communicate with most of them but still have a handful that are currently residing in Melbourne, to which, I can never replace their time and advice throughout the years. And so, here we are at Mamasita's celebrating a decade of friendship with a night full of laughter and lame jokes.

Food was delish here but service could be improved as the bunch of us felt that staff were trying to rush us throughout our meal. Not sure why as the restaurant is not really busy and there were empty seats around us?

Opted for the feed me option at $49pp.

Nachos with dips - would have liked the nachos to be crispier but kudos for the yummy dip and guacamole that it came with.

A tad spicy from the chillis added but tasty nonetheless.

Shellfish tostadita - can't exactly taste the shellfish but aside from that, everything else was well seasoned.

Pork carnitas taco - again, well seasoned but the meat was a little bland and had a strange mushy texture to it.


Shared main of pork jowl, salad and tomato rice? As aforementioned, staff were not exactly the friendliest bunch that I have seen and so, we were merely guessing what we had that day. Pork meat was a little dry tho.

Sweetcorn ice cream and caramel popcorn. Not a big fan of corn but this was a good exception.

Apologies for the poor quality photos as I did not bring my DSLR with me but I shall in future trips, knowing that the bunch of us are prefer to feed our cameras first before we tuck in;)

Mamasita Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: