Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Anada, Fitzroy MELB

At one of the casual pharmacy stints that I have worked at, I stumbled upon a fellow foodie who recommended this restaurant to me. Curiousity got the better of me and it did not take long before we made our way here.

Service was top notch in every aspect and ambience wise, I found it soothing and easy to communicate with my partner at the table.


Mushroom croqueta, queso Urgelia and truffle - a little disappointed with the portion size here as it was rather small for $5 per piece. The sister ate at this restaurant a few weeks before and upon comparing photos, the difference was far from marginal. Delicious nonetheless but would reconsider before reordering.

Grilled sardines, shallots, preserved lemon, olive and aioli - I like grilled sardine dishes and was quite fond of this dish. Flavours were balanced and the saltiness from the fish complemented the aioli's creaminess.

Seafood paella, octopus, calamari, mussels and blue grenadier - A yummy dish and one that I would have liked more of. There is something magical about the contrasting textures of warm, soft grains of rice against a thin bed of crunchy fried rice.

Stuffed lamb cutlet, smoky eggplant and seeds - another dish that I thoroughly enjoyed and one that I would have liked more of. Meat was juicy and well marinated, pairing well with the smokiness of the eggplant puree.

Can't recall the name of this dish but it was akin a solid form of pudding. Tasty and not overly sweet.

Añada Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: