Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Le Carpe Diem Cafe Creperie, Grenfell St ADL

Been yolo-ing whenever I am in Adelaide, just to round up the weekend which gave me a good reason to indulge in sweets. And so, without further ado, here's yet another sweet post from yours truly:)

This place had probably appeared in quite a few publications and conveniently located near Rundle Street, I did not see a reason to not pop by for afternoon tea. Yes, I have been growing fond of afternoon tea sessions aka a great pick me up moment.

Menu wise, everything consisted of crepes (as indicated by the cafe's name) and diners have a choice of having two crepes or a single crepe with their choice of filling. Both sweet and savoury options are available and prices do vary. Oh, and there is also a selection of pastries and tarts sitting at the front counter, just to tease;)

Lemon meringue tart ~ sufficiently tart to my liking although the bits of piped meringue were a bit err....whipped off? Nevermind that.

Le Augustine aka crepe filled with nutella, banana, chocolate and topped with strawberry ice cream. This is heaven for any nutella lover out there. So much nutella enclosed in that crepe and I like how the crepe appears on our table warm, a good indication that it is made fresh to order but not too overwhelmingly hot that it cooks everything it touches.


La Adele ~ chestnut puree, chocolate and whipped cream. Chestnut puree taste was a bit faint although it was probably not a heavy option when compared to the other crepe we had. This was just enough for me. Yums.

Overall, Le Carpe has a good location and probably one of the more comfortable cafes around in Adelaide. I wouldn't mind sitting around with a book or magazine on hand!:)

Le Carpe Diem Cafe Creperie on Urbanspoon

No comments: