Wednesday, October 21, 2015

France-Soir, Toorak MELB

Today's blog post brought me back to France where I managed to squeeze a good 2 weeks at whilst in Europe. Every now and then, I do reminisce about those hilariously awkward or amazingly stunning moments throughout my trip - something to tick off my bucket list of things to do before I reach 30!

France-Soir reminded me of a typical bistro in Paris - filled with chatter, light music, wine glasses topped with ruby red wine and baskets of freshly sliced baguette. Not really the best place for intimate talk but rather, for a taste of France minus the air plane ticket.

In France, I was spoilt by how much bread I can have in a day. The same applies here. Our basket of bread and slab of butter was constantly replenished every time we emptied it. I struggled to keep my hands away whilst waiting for my main to arrive.

Tartare de thon rouge ~ red tuna tartare that had been lightly seasoned with olive oil and cracked pepper. A really simple dish that can't go wrong.

Escargots de Bourgogne a l'all ~ My love for snails cooked in a garlicky, parsley butter concoction had not fade with time. Very sinful treat that does stay on your hips. Oh wells..

Boeuf bourguignon ~ the safest choice of mains that can't go wrong unless the chef really had a bad day. Soft pieces of beef that had been simmered in a casserole with a good amount of red wine and freshened up with root vegetables.

Cuisse de canard gras confite ~ Possibly the best duck confit I had was in Rhone and this one came pretty close. Crisp on the outside with fragile meat underneath the skin, this is a dish that does not require any sauce or gravy. Slightly salty on the outside, possibly part of the confit process, but gosh, too good to resist. Can't say no to a good serve of French fries too!

It is worthy to note that France-Soir has an impressive selection of French wine in their cellar. Their wine menu has more than 20 pages in it and is as thick as an encyclopedia. These guys mean business.

France-Soir Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: