Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Kitchen Inn, Glen Waverley MELB

From a culinary perspective, Malaysia is a pretty colourful country as each town has it's own speciality. In comparison to the more vivid towns like Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Melaka, Sarawak is probably the quiet sibling of the lot.

As a Malaysian myself, I have not been to Sarawak before but one day I will. For now, let's concentrate our energy and time on one of the few places I know that serves Sarawak fare. Costing slightly less than the other Malaysian restaurants along Kingsway, Kitchen Inn is probably your best bet for cheap eats.

Kampua with special soup ~ I don't know how to describe kampua. Noodles dressed in a secret, oily concoction that many Sarawakians find addictive? I cannot have asked for a better cooked piece of pork. Servicing size here is decent for $8.50 a bowl.

Sarawak laksa ~ I have not had the real deal yet so there's nothing for me to compare this with. There are generous bits of chicken and fish cakes in my bowl of mildly spicy laksa broth. I have added a few spoons of their homemade chilli paste to make the broth a little more spicy.

Kitchen Inn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: