Monday, July 22, 2013

N2 Extreme gelato and Laduree

I like how I am ending this write up about my first day in Sydney on a topic that I am most familiar with aka SUGAR. As usual, my inner child personality wanted to taste the sweeter side of life and made it a point to visit these places whilst I am within walking distance.

So after our ramen dinner, we went strolling around and behold, we stumbled upon a gelato shop! Strangely enough, you cannot see what flavours you are choosing from (aside from the menu on the walls) and I felt blindfolded! The sister decided to chose our flavour and I was glad she did as I was clearly overwhelmed with choices :S

I am still quite puzzled with a particular saying on the board which implied that customers do not need to get 2 scoops of gelato as 1 would be sufficient. Well....I wouldn't mind a bit more if I have not had snacked too much along the way hehe:)

I wouldn't mind working in this quirky and experimental kitchen myself:)

This is a scoop of gelato and it was big for $6 (from memory). Yummy indeed and can be considered fresh (?) as it was prepared upon request:) Wished I had time to sample their other flavours too!

N2 Extreme Gelato on Urbanspoon

As most of you know, Laduree opened up in Sydney and despite being put off a bit with the pricing of the macarons, I found it hard to resist the urge of getting a few just for sampling purposes. The entire set up had this high-tea posh-ness feel to it and the front counter displayed some very pretty baked goods. I would like to explore French patisseries more but for now, this will just have to do.


Do be warned that it is going to cost more to dine in as compared to doing a takeaway. I have bought 6 macarons from them and well...I kinda wished they had given me a box to prevent them from breaking because they are so freaking expensive! Ah wells....

Salted caramel~ despite reading other food blogs review on Laduree's macarons, I found their macarons to be just right in terms of texture and flavour. I daresay some of our local macaron chefs can give Laduree a run for their money but all in, it was still a lovely piece of sugar. Not too dry as I had expected it to be.. at least it was worth the $$ I spent on it:)


Ladurée on Urbanspoon

No comments: