Tuesday, February 17, 2015

China Bar, Glen Waverley MELB

I must have walked past so many China Bar franchises whilst in Melbourne that the name appears to be no stranger to me. I can be a fan of certain franchises such as Starbucks, McDonalds or Krispy Kreme but mainly because these brands have characteristics that lures me into their premises (now, how about that free wifi or attractive Hello Kitty toy?).

And so, whilst I am not an avid fan of franchised businesses, I cannot disagree with their purpose in the community. For me, China Bar turned out to be a life saver especially when there's nothing edible in the fridge and most restaurants have shut for the day.

Service is decent, do not expect a lot of attention but you will get what you need. And food arrives pretty quick at the table so your starving tummy doesn't have to wait too long.

Dry noodles ~

Roast meat combination ~ roast chicken, roast pork and barbequed pork are the regulars here. Meat was a little dry but nevertheless, it did satisfy my craving and was sufficient for us at an affordable price. Plenty of meat to go around, especially for the carnivores out there.

Stir-fried vegetables ~ a decent feed.

China Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: