Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rich Mahal, Burwood Highway MELB

Just like any other human being, I too face stressful moments and during these times, I turn to food as a pick me up. Whilst I am capable of handling difficult situations fairly well, my tummy manipulates my mind into thinking that I need some form of therapy;) Which brought us here after a much needed  time away from my study/ work desk.

 
Teh tarik ~ caffeine after work can be a good thing sometimes, especially when its not too sweet like this one;)

At Rich Mahal, you can choose a few different types of curries to have with your rice, be it something extremely or mildly spicy and in terms of protein, you have the choice of chicken, mutton, fish and beef. Vegetarian is an option too and all up, it was a much needed quick dinner fix. Pleasantly aromatic and satisfying.


For those unfamiliar, curry puff is a traditional type of savoury snack in Malaysia. It is available here and I daresay it is almost as good as the ones I can get back home. Crispy pastry layer and loaded with a mildly spicy curry mix.

Roti telur ~ roti was fluffy and comes accompanied by a few different types of gravy to suit your palate.

Murtabak ~ basically a roti stuffed with meat filling and accompanied by a little bowl of curry gravy. At $8.50, it was a steal compared to how much other restaurants are charging for it.

Roti tissue ~ paper thin and crispy roti, drizzled with condensed milk aka roti dosed with sugar.

Overall, good value for money and probably a good place to hang out with friends if you are looking for a spot that's crowd-free:)

Rich Mahal Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: