Monday, August 15, 2016

Jamface by Poh, CBD ADL

Having spent a few days in Adelaide, I was able to not only catch up with family but also treat my senses to new eateries that I have yet to explore. I am sure most of us would be familiar with the jovial Malaysian amateur cook from the first season of Masterchef who had been gracing food magazines and television series - she finally has a shop in the central market which operates on most days! She does have a stall at the Adelaide showground's sunday market but that's a little out of my reach at times.

Whilst we were not lucky enough to spot here, we were equally excited at all the delectable treats on display. Service was a little frazzled as it was lunch time but still attentive nonetheless.



Beef pie - I absolutely loved this pastry that had been heavily perfumed with butter. Only downside for me was that the beef filling was a little dry but then again, probably to prevent the pastry from getting too soggy. A great little one nonetheless and one that I would happily have on a cold day.

Quiche with salad - The quiche was beautifully made but the real highlight for me would be the salad. I love a good salad that had been generously dressed and accompanied by an assortment of textures and flavours. The pumpkin bits had been nicely roasted and give a good dose of olive oil. Amazing and a must try.

Chai brulee tart - Again, Poh amazed us by her pastry dexterity and we loved this chai infused custard tart. Smooth textured with a lovely caramelization on the top, a perfect treat to sweeten up our day. Jamface by Poh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: