Monday, May 28, 2018

Son of Tucci, Mt. Waverley MELB

Having lived in my suburb for more than 3 years now, I have yet to explore all the surrounding cafes and restaurants although I do make a conscious effort to do so before I relocate myself once more. Son of Tucci has been on my list of to eat places and after completing a few errands, I drove the sister and I over.

Not surprisingly, there is a short queue and luckily for us, we did not have to wait too long to be seated.


Brekkie tasting platter - consisting of sticky date waffle, honey pear, vanilla custard and peanut brittle; sriracha maple bacon, smashed avocado and poached egg; ad zucchini, corn and quinoa fritter with tomato and chilli jam, spiced popcorn and kale. Waffle was by far the best item on the platter. 

The addictive buttery scent from a freshly toasted waffle always scores bonus points in my books. Kudos to pairing it well with different textures from the pear, custard and brittle. Another winner in my books in the maple bacon, can't fault a good quality bacon nor the strangely enticing salty-sweet concoction. Only downside to this dish is the portion size, not for a big eater.


Baked eggs - spicy middle eastern tomato sauce, poached eggs, chorizon dukkah and goat curd with sourdough toast. This would have been the perfect item to order a gloomy, wet day as opposed to a sunny, bright day. I found this to be a little spicy so be warned. Probably one of my favourite baked egg dish in Melbourne as every item balanced well on the palate and it felt generous and cozy.


We bought two mini cakes to snack on later the day, one being a pistachio berry cake and the other, a passionfruit lemon curd version. Cakes were not overly sweet, generously packed with flavour and had the right ratio of frosting on it. Now, if only I took home more...


Son of Tucci Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: