Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Cellar Door, Ringwood MELB

Dinner here on a weekday, all thanks to a colleague's recommendation and courtesy of my current employer.

House bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar - kudos for soft bread that pulls apart easily and for having a delectable balsamic vinegar reduction that is both sweet and savoury at the same time.

Mushroom arancini - very moreish and packed with funghi goodness.

Kingfish crudo, avocado puree and coriander relish - absolutely delicious, each freshly prepared element complimenting the other well.

Lamb - as we had our work function here, this may be a dish that is only available as part of a set meal. Lamb was flavoured well and pulled apart easily by the slightest force.

Polenta chips with truffle aioli - I feared eating polenta as once upon a time, it made me feel nauseous and thereafter, I steered clear of it. Having said that, I found myself reaching out frequently for more and lavishly coating each piece with the aioli.

Green beans coated in balsamic vinaigrette.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my dinner here and wouldn't mind popping back for another meal in the future :)

The Cellar Door Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: