Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Brunetti Flinders Lane, CBD MELB

After finishing my last work shift in the CBD, I have been very reluctant to pursue other restaurants in that vicinity until a few months had lapsed. The thought of anticipating when the train would depart and braving the crowd still does not appeal to me until this day.

So happens that I had been grated two (YES!!) days off this week to catch up on rest before my 8 day shift commences and alas, I am game enough to head into the city. Strangely enough, I still feel like a tourist as I wander through Melbourne CBD.

Which brings me to Brunetti, one of the older restaurants in Melbourne and one that had conveniently opened its doors in the CBD, more specifically on Flinders Lane. Greeted by a wall of cakes followed by a large coffee stand in the middle of the restaurant and a small section for ordering savoury food like pasta, pizza and entrees, this restaurant is a good replica of a dining scene in Italy.

Spaghetti carbonara - Whilst may not come close to the ones we had in Italy (yes, Italy's pasta had ruined me for life), mum was pleased with this seemingly simple but decadent dish. Which says a lot because mum was never one to fancy creamy type of dishes.

Seafood linguine - Linguine cooked al dente and seafood bits were fresh, succulent and had been given a good splash of white wine for added flavour. Overall a really nice dish and one that I would happily come back for.

Salami - tomatoes, mozzarella, mild salami, basil, ricotta and porcini mushrooms. Thumbs of for a thin, well prepared pizza crust and for a good distribution of ingredients on the dough. Would definitely be back to try their other pizza options.


Admittedly, I had high expectations for the desserts but sadly, was let down by its lack of freshness. The biscuit was meant to have a strawberry aroma but nil was detected and the cakes were bordering on the dry side of the scale. Such a shame because Brunetti is renowned for its sweets :(

Brunetti Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: