Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Kahlua fudgy brownies recipe

Having bought a block of chocolate early this year in preparation for a chocoholic moment, I had stashed it away in the kitchen pantry and upon moving homes recently, the sister stumbled upon it. And seeing as she has a birthday event at work whereby staff members are encouraged to each bring treats, I jumped at the prospect of being able to bake once more.

Only thing was I no longer wanted to play safe and bake things I am familiar with so I searched high and low for a fudgy chocolate brownie recipe. Eventually I was led to recipe girl's page and the rest was history.

Loved how the brownies had a fudgy, moist bottom and a fluffy cake top with a thin layer of crispness on top. The addition of kahlua or coffee liqueur could only be mildly detected but some sensitive tasters had easily picked that out.

Ingredients:
2/ 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
227g butter
2 cups dark chocolate
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Kahlua or another coffee liqueur

1. Melt butter in the microwave for 1 minute before mixing in the chocolate. Slowly amalgamate the chocolate into the butter, heating in the microwave as needed.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Whisk sugar with eggs and gradually incorporate the coffee liqueur.
4. Fold butter and chocolate mix into the egg mix before folding into the flour concoction.
5. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into it.



Verdict? Possibly one of the best brownies I have made and one that I can see myself baking over and over again. Have omitted the icing the addition of extra kahlua as I didn't think it was necessary :)

No comments: