A random recipe that I have put together to literally feed my sudden craving for radish. Not a common ingredient in my household and having paired it with minced meat, it became a very easy dish to digest. Do give this a try for a quick, simple fix:)
1 turnip, cubed
500g minced pork
8 dry shittake mushrooms, soaked in water and cubed
5 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1. Mix the meat and mushrooms together with the marinade and allow to sit for at least 3 hours.
2. Fry the minced garlic and ginger in sesame oil until it appears to be golden in colour before tossing in the minced meat mix.
3. Fry until the meat appears to be almost cooked before adding in the turnip pieces.
4. Add about 1 cup of chicken broth and allow to simmer for around 10 minutes.
5. Add a splash of dark soy sauce to the mix and give it a good stir.
6. Thicken the mixture with some good ol' cornflour solution.
7. Serve with warm rice.