Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chinese dumplings

A little random on my behalf as I had this strange urge to prepare my own dumplings! I did not use an recipe for this nor did I accurately measure out each ingredient. Thankfully, everything turned out well despite me not being too well-prepared about it.

Dumpling skins from Chinatown~ I know I should be practicing my dough-making skills but I can't be too bothered at that moment! Besides, at $2.10 for a packet of 50 pieces, it saved me heaps of time:)

Minced pork mixed with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper, some sugar, finely chopped garlic and ginger, fresh coriander and spring onions. And yes, a little dash of sesame oil. Basic marinating essentials in a Chinese kitchen!:)

Wrapped and boiled until meat was cooked. Probably around 5 minutes in boiling water or before the skin layer starts to break out.

Dumplings in chicken soup garnished with spring onions and garlic oil. Craving satisfied:)

My brother also made some bolognese pasta with beef meatballs for dinner. In short, I had a very heavy dinner-.-" But it was goooooooood :p

No comments: