Monday, September 23, 2013

Pizza dough recipe

Of lately, I find myself browsing the internet for bread recipes as that is still one baking category that I have yet to master despite practising on numerous events. Whether it is due to poor handling of the dough, poor quality of the ingredients or just pure bad luck is still a mystery to me. And I hate to waste food if things did not turn out well so....I'll stuff myself with it for the next few days.

As the mum is here for a few weeks, I have decided to reattempt making bread, in hope that I will succeed and if all turns out sour, at least I won't be suffering alone haha! I have been toying with the idea of making pizza for the longest time and decided that this is the perfect opportunity to use up the leftover pasta sauce in my fridge as well as the remaining bits of meat.

Ingredients (recipe from David Lebovitz):
2 tsp dry yeast
125ml tepid water
pinch of sugar
470g flour
1 tsp salt
60ml olive oil
180ml cold water

Mix the dry yeast, tepid water and 70g of flour together, allow to stand for 30 minutes. Add salt, remaining flour, olive oil and water, knead for 5 minutes until it is slightly sticky and smooth.

Place dough in a bowl and rest for 2 hours, punch it down afterwards. Refridgerate overnight and allow to come to room temperature before continuing.

Add your desired topping (pineapple, bacon, ham, cheese, capsicum, chorizo etc etc), brush with some garlic oil around the stretched pizza dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 260C.


I had beetroot, tomatoes, mushroom and bacon pieces in mine!



Would be lovely with a bit of grated cheese but maybe some other time:)


Was delicious and although the dough was not as fluffy as I had hoped it to be, at least I am one step closer to mastering this volatile baked good. I have used tomato sauce for my pizza but feel free to use barbeque sauce or bechamel, whatever you feel like having really!

No comments: