Monday, June 23, 2014

Bar 9 Central, Adelaide

I have been to Bar 9 countless times but I have not been to it's new branch located on David Jones's ground floor. And I frequently visit the city area too. And so, what does one do at 2pm in the afternoon and with little lunch options available on a Sunday? I'll let you take a guess haha.

Despite us rocking up here late, there were still a mob of people dining here. Service was friendly and efficient, the only thing I can comment on would be that there are probably less choices here compared to the main store. Nevertheless, I won't complain at 2pm:)

Mushroom ragu ~ everybody I know loved this dish. It is creamy, well seasoned and topped with loads of fungi goodness to satisfy any vegetarians out there. Served atop two slices of toasted bread, this will always be a good option to pick if you have no idea what to order!


Pulled pork ~ as the name suggests, they did "pull" the pork meat to thin, shredded pieces and topped it with a serve of apple and cabbage slaw. Buns were fluffy and nicely toasted. Not bad at all although it may not be big enough for the hungry consumers out there.

Conclusion? Bar 9 had certainly made the right choice of plunking a little branch in the city and it did lift up to my personal expectations. Would definitely make a second trip next time I am in the city!:)


 Bar 9 Central on Urbanspoon

No comments: