Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hong Kong: Photo diary 2016

Finally got the time to compile a little blog post to sum up a recent trip to Hong Kong in April - browsing through these pictures did put a smile on my face as clearly, I am obsessed over Hong Kong for no apparent reason. Well, possibly a few emotionally attached reasons.

Day 1 started as soon as we touched down, unpacked our bags and showered. No partying whatsoever, more like wandering around the streets of Yau Ma Tei in search for a decent feed whilst we attempt to avoid the crowd and crazy drivers.

Top - French Connection, shorts - Bershka, watch - Guess.

Hong Kong's glow made all the more vibrant by the striking colours used on the streets and across most shops.

The hotel bathroom situation loaded with my toiletries. Contact lens solution, make up removal, facial moisturizer and body moisturizer. I have finally grasped a good control over my acne prone skin and am adamant on keeping the situation under control via adequate hydration and cleansing. More on this in a separate post!

Egg tarts are a must in Hong Kong and not one that I would miss the opportunity to have whilst over there. Popped into Tai Cheong bakery in Central and was like how I remembered it to be. A fog of steam circling the baking room that is situated behind the front counter which gets stirred every time a staff whizzes across the door. Warm to touch and still retaining a wobbly, golden consistency, the sister and I grabbed one each.

Dress - Zara, Shoes - Nine West, Belt - Topshop. Humid climate in Hong Kong meant dressing a little lighter.



I was brought here by a good friend of mine as both his partner and him love it's unique Japanese cakes. Could not help myself from purchasing a little cake myself to test the waters and was I not disappointed. I had a taro tart which had a thick and bright coloured purple taro cream pipped onto it which was synonymous to the popular Okinawa taro. The sister chose a plain mango cake that was also delicious and definitely a safe choice for first timers.

For the thrill seekers, why not try the green tea cake with black sesame filling?





Sleeveless jacket - Topshop, shirt - Armani Exchange.


Bought my absolute favourite peanut snack (originated from Macau and easily available around Hong Kong) and a box of pineapple cookies for colleagues..which ended up in my tummy :p


The best part of the trip would be being able to grab a couple of Khalil Fong's CD. Older editions but still good songs nevertheless. This guy is truly an amazing artist and I can't wait to get my hands on his latest CD that got released in September :)

No comments: