Thursday, November 3, 2016

Mr Hendricks, Balywn MELB

It's been 4 days since my last gym session and with each passing day, I feel more and more flaccid. Yes, the overachiever in me had outdone myself by clocking into the gym in the morning and in the evening. All in the name of food, really!

Having heard friends rave about Mr. Hendricks, I braced myself for a 20 minute drive here and was lucky enough to grab a table in this little cafe before the crowd peaks again. Sat next to the front counter and must have drooled profusely every time I glance at their stunning pastry cabinet filled with some of the most rustic looking tarts and brownies I have laid my eyes on. Ah, if only...

Sundays are meant for chai lattes and the brew here is spot on in terms of spices and creaminess. A perfect way to unwind after sweating it out at the gym.

Salmon breakfast - heirloom beetroot, burnt butter hollandaise, poached eggs on housemade rye toast. A protein packed meal, well balanced with acidity from the tomatoes and crisp textures from the rye.

Fig, apricot and prune toast with cultured butter and jam - I love how their toast are exceptionally packed with fruit and has a freshly baked aroma to it.

Rosemary and parmesan chips - the fellas here knew how much I loved chips, even more with a sprinkle of cheese and herbs. Do not miss this naughty little treat:)

Mushroom scramble - I was craving for mushrooms and this was a no brainer choice for me. Scrambled eggs were creamy and flavoured well with bits of bacon and thin slices of chilli.

Crispy eggs with sweet potato puree, smoked ham hock, baby cos, bacon crumble and ranch dressing. Despite being deep fried, the yolk was still creamy on the inside which complimented the potato puree well. Reminded me of a deconstructed morning sandwich done creatively. Probably one of the tastiest plates of food on our table that day:)

Mr Hendricks Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: