Thursday, November 8, 2018

Europe: Vanilla Gelati Italiani and sushi, Milan ITALY

From Lake Como, an hour's drive brought us to Milan where we spent half a day there. After visiting the Duomo, we had time for a quick lunch and a visit to a gelateria.

Vanilla Gelati Italiani is located just behind the Duomo and as per usual, the array of choices is enough to make one forget about counting calories.  Payment is taken at the cash register first before proceeding to choosing your flavours. The sister chose a fruity flavoured gelato whilst I stood by my pistachio.

I was using pistachio flavour as a marker for every gelateria I visit. Deliciously creamy and flavourful it was, a taste of Milan conveniently located too.




Now for lunch...we did not have many options being that we are in the heart of Milan. Most places are overpriced and probably a little stingy in terms of portions sizes and so...we headed to a sushi restaurant located in La Renascente's top level food court.

In terms of price, it was more expensive compared to what we get in Australia but they do have an interesting variety of dishes, a few quite ingenious in creation, almost like a fusion of Chinese and Japanese flavours.

I absolutely love how clean and tidy the counter is and I get my own corner for pickled ginger and wasabi.





Overall, I did enjoy lunch despite it costing me almost twice of what I can get in Australia. Would I drop by again? Well, if I do get a craving for Asian food, definitely yes!

No comments: