Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Louis, Fitzroy MELB

A few days ago, I was graciously invited for a meal at his newly established cafe. Amidst the hustle and bustle often associated with Fitzroy, be it when driving on the otherwise congested roads or when entering crammed eateries, it's nice to know that there is a quaint cafe off Moor Street that offers one serenity away from the chaos.

Whilst the menu consists of mostly traditional fares such as scrambled eggs, smashed avocado and eggs on toast, there are a few dishes, fused with Asian elements, for those wanting something different for the day.

Soy flat white with hot chocolate - Nothing beats having a freshly brewed cup of coffee even in the middle of the day. My day started out pretty meh due to lack of sleep and to have missed the train as well as not getting on the city loop train...well, that sums out my distress at that time. Henceforth, I needed this fella to jump start my day again.

Korean fried chicken burger with Asian slaw, Korean chilli mayo, cheddar on milk buns and potato crisps. I like how the burger did not turn out greasy but instead, every single ingredient held its integrity well.

Benny - pulled pork with pickled cabbage, poached eggs and sriracha bernaise on croquettes. Albeit seemingly heavy for a brunch/lunch dish, I found it surprisingly the opposite. Pulled pork was very flavourful and croquettes were well made and cooked. Would have liked a little more fire in the bernaise sauce but aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

Dorayaki pancakes - filled with banana butter, bruleed banana, coconut pandan whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes and pistachio gelato. This fella caught my eye on the menu and was I glad to have tried it. Definitely not sickeningly sweet and pancakes were fluffy light, just how I like my pancakes to be. Lots of textural elements on this dish but all paired well together.

Overall, I had thoroughly enjoyed my lunch here. Yummy food complimented by a serene atmosphere and attentive staff members.

Louis Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: