Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chianti Classico revisited

Was here just last week to celebrate my sister's birthday and thankfully enough, managed to secure a nice table as it was pretty busy on that day. I have been here a couple of times in the past but this time, I have pretty pictures to showcase:)

Breadsticks~ the perfect snack to have anytime of the day:)

A bit of glam from the night. I like how my bracelet's colourful sequins complements the gold cuff really well. Just shows how much effort us girls put in when we go out;)

Complimentary appetizer~ smoked trout on toasted bread, garnished with pine nuts and chopped parsley leaves.


House bread with olives and olive oil~

Cape Sante~ Gently baked scallops with porcini mushrooms, butter, garlic and parsley, topped with parmesan cheese. Interesting textures going on but be assured that the scallop's sweet flavour is not lost amongst the garnishes:)


Mozzarella di Bufala~ fresh mozzarella with cherry tomatoes, vincotto and chargrilled piadini~ a really healthy appetizer but refreshing at the same time.

Rigatoni con Salsicce e Porcini Fresche~ rigatoni pasta in Napoletana sauce with Italian sausage meat, chilli and imported Porcini mushrooms. My brother found this a tad too salty for his liking and he was disappointed as it was a pretty small main dish which can probably do better with more meat and porcini mushrooms in it.

Can't recall the name of this dish but it was a lovely main. Beef was tender and juicy and goes quite well with it's condiments.

Pea risotto with scallops wrapped in pancetta~ this was one of the specialty of the night and once again, was a bit disappointed with the serving size and I found this a bit bland (in my opinion). However, scallops were well cooked and definitely fresh:)

Roast quail with grapes and polenta, served with jus~ this was my main and in terms of portion, was sufficient but the quail was slightly overcooked and I found it difficult to slice the meat off the bone. I resorted to using my fingers to savour the meat. Was a really nice dish though!


Overall, dining atmosphere was really good and I do compliment how attentive the floor staff is. Food was average and was slightly disappointing (had some grumbling happening among my guests) but would love to drop by again and hopefully, my dining experience would be as good as my previous one (as seen here)


 Chianti Classico on Urbanspoon

No comments: