Monday, September 10, 2012

Three cup chicken

Another healthy eating post but this time, I do have the recipe for it:) I got it from here and edited it according to what I have in the pantry. Not time consuming at all. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
5 chicken drumsticks
5 slices of ginger
4 fresh chilli padis
1 cup Chinese cooking wine
3/4 cup soy sauce
4 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar

I don't have any basil leaves with me but I have used some dried chinese mushrooms as a compensation:)




Marinate chicken overnight with the above ingredients, minus the mushrooms and garlic~

1 pot for all~ fry garlic until fragrant, add mushrooms before adding your chicken with it's accompanying juices:9 Allow to simmer until cooked.

Tadaa~ not as chef-y looking as I would like it to be, mainly because I was quite exhausted when I made this but if possible, I would love to have some rice nicely plated next to it, in a porcelain bowl:)


Every Asian's nightmare~ running low on soy sauce! Need to remind myself to get some when I am in Chinatown otherwise I can't cook anything oriental:(

No comments: