Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pumpkin round 2

I have blogged about receiving a whole pumpkin from a colleague about a month ago and I have to admit that this is a very belated post on what I did with the other half of the pumpkin! I could have opted to create something sweet but decided to free myself from my sugar cravings by making something savoury instead! After searching on countless of websites, I have managed to get a decent pumpkin gnocchi recipe but I can't really say the same for the frittata attempt!

Roast pumpkin:
500g pumpkin
1-2 garlic cloves
Olive oil for drizzling
Sugar and salt

Make sure the pumpkin is nicely coated with the listed ingredients before proceeding to the next step! Bake in the oven for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes or until it softens (a spoon can easily penetrate the pumpkin's flesh).



Use a sieve (or mash it if you like) to get a fine pumpkin mash which is essential for making smooth gnocchis. I did not like the gnocchi texture that I have made and hence, decided to not post up the recipe until I perfect it.






The pictures below were shot whilst I was attempting to make my first ricotta frittata of which, did not turn out well and was a tad bland. What a waste of good ricotta cheese :(






No comments: