Monday, September 19, 2016

BBQ Code, Glen Waverley MELB

While I fancy the "one bowl" concept, popularized by Asian countries, I am a lot more reserved when it comes to barbeque meals because often enough, the protein is not well prepared (imagine overcooking a thin piece of meat or undercooking a thick slab of pork/chicken) and I usually leave the establishment with a toasty scent that ensues a bath soon after.

At BBQ Code, I am glad that my concerns are addressed - staff came around to cook our meat for us and cleaned each hot plate prior to cooking subsequent types of protein. No burnt aftertaste ever again nor any unwanted residues sticking to our food.



One cannot say no to the unlimited refills of side dishes which consisted of kimchi, mashed potato and slices of fish cake. A plate of corn topped with melted cheese arrived at our table and upon querying it's presence, we were told that it is a complimentary dish for every table. Thank you!:)


Beef ribs - I was reluctant to order this initially but no regrets whatsoever once I sunk my teeth into it. Tender, juicy and marinated to perfection. Thumbs up!

Japchae - I cannot go to a Korean restaurant without trying out their japchae. This one was generously coated with shredded carrots, spinach, mushroom slices and pieces of beef. Bonus points for being extra tasty too!

Yuk Jeon - pan fried sliced wagyu beef with salad.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place if you love both Korean food and BBQ. Prices may be slightly expensive but it is well worth it as you do get excellent service and good quality dishes:)

BBQ Code  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: