Friday, August 26, 2011

One more piece..or more?

Imagine a world without colour...yeap, it sucks big time.

Macarons anyone? Haha.. here's my final Melbourne post (yes, finally after so many weeks of procastination!).

Melbourne macarons are heaps better than Adelaide macarons. The end. Haha. Ok, let me explain why. Firstly, some Adelaide macarons cost more than $2.50 (average price for a piece of macaron). Why on earth would you want to pay so much for something that you don't know if it tastes decent or not? Despite the price crisis, some of the macarons taste wayy below standard.

By now, you would think I'm a moron and a fussy eater. Let me clarify what is a respectable macaron. Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside and definitely not too sweet. Bad characteristics would include dryness, air-y/ hollow shell, lack of flavour and extremely sweet.

Melbourne macarons (especially those in the top 20 rating as seen in Melbourne macaron) are far superior in terms of taste, structure and price. Each one of them triumph in their own distinctive ways but all in all, you won't be disappointed.

Luxbite macarons~ wide variety of flavours to choose from. Apparently it's recommended by the Patisserie master, Adriano Zumbo.



Choukette macaron~


Luxbite


Luxbite~ I think I'm getting addicted to chocolate freckles:3

Choukette~


Cacao~ my favourite in terms of their macaron shells.

Lindt chocolate macarons~ from what I remember, it's about $2.70 (i think!!). If you do have time to travel, do head out to other places as recommended by Melbourne macaron website.


Gelatissimo macarons~ After not having macarons for some time, it's finally time to treat myself. BUT...it costs $2.90 each!!-.- I'm not going there again;(





Choukette~

Luxbite

And now for some coloured pictures to celebrate the creation of colour by our Father:)


With spring/ summer around the corner, why not add some colour into your wardrobe?:)


To those who ask me where I hide my extra flab, now you know...

It's a pair of turquoise heels..apologies for the bad lighting:( I'm still practicing!!

Berry colour the new autumn/winter colour:)

Maxi dresses!

Have a wonderful weekend ahead guys! :)

No comments: