Friday, June 1, 2012

Kuih bakar

For a very very long time, I have been wanting to try out this recipe here but did not as I am quite cautious about using coconut milk and food colouring in just about everything I cook. After much contemplation and maybe a bit of laziness, I've made it and it worked out perfect!!:D

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 cup of pandan juice (6 pandan leaves + 1 cup of water - blended)
2 1/4 cups of coconut milk
4 large eggs
2 tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp of pandan paste (I've used a tiny bit more as I did not have any pandan leaves)
 
Just like any other baking methods, cream butter with sugar and slowly incorporate your eggs, coconut juice and pandan paste. I sieved the mixture just in case there's any lumps (butter wasn't really melted) before folding the flour into it.



This reminds me of an artsy type of canvas xD


Baked it at 160C for about an hour and make sure to test that it's cooked on the inside!!


I don't recall eating many of these green gems in Malaysia but this recipe certainly made it up for all those years. It's soft and slightly gooey (just slightly..a bit jelly like texture), smells fantastic and has a slight crunch exterior. So so very good hehe

No comments: