Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Lord Stow's Bakery Macau

I am so proud/ over the moon for doing a bit of homework on egg tarts. I know egg tarts are a must have in Hong Kong but I needed to find the one that stood out from the pack of already excellent-egg tart-standards bakeries. I found it strange how a humble little egg tart from Macau had not been franchised out of Macau, if it truly had lived up to it's expectations.

We headed here early in the morning after checking out from our hotel and found ourselves comfortably seated in the cafe, away from the crazy mobs of tourists/ shopaholics. Not many items on the menu caught my attention and so, I decided just get a few freshly baked egg tarts along with a milk tea drink.

My verdict? *drum roll* This is seriously the best egg tart I have ever tasted in my entire life. I have tried egg tarts from various places in Malaysia, Australia and now, Hong Kong and I think this one is just on a different league of it's own. The pastry was not crumbly like the traditional ones you get. It is flaky pastry with very well defined layers of goodness which marries so freaking well with the scrumptious egg filling. I wished I could take this back to Australia with me but I am sure the custom officers would not be too happy about it.


Yes, admire this wicked treat all you want. As I have mentioned above, no franchising outside of Macau so be sure to head here if you are in Hong Kong. Take an hour ferry ride followed by a short bus trip to the hotel and you will know what I mean.

No comments: