Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Friends of Mine, Richmond MELB

I love having brunch and Melbourne has some of the most interesting dishes I have seen in Australia. For a change in scenery, we headed to Richmond this time round.

Service was a little slow to begin with (a few blur expressions across some of the waiting staff's faces - surely we do not look that strange?) but picked up soon after we sat at our table.

Latte ~ creamy and has a good amount of froth. The coffee bean's aroma was a little faint but I didn't mind that on a non-working day.

FOM Supergreen salad ~ I am making a conscious effort to eat healthily on a daily basis, even on cheat days. This plate was packed full of green goodness in the form of kale, broccoli, edamame and avocado as well as quinoa, feta and poached egg. Loved every single bite of it and would recommend this for the vegetarians or diet-ers out there:)

Toasted banana bread with maple syrup mascarpone, banana and berry compote ~ I was surprised my companion ordered this because she's not a big fan of sweets for brunch. Banana bread was moist, flavourful and goes well with the slightly acidic berry compote. Not overly heavy and can be shared across the table to finish off the meal on a good note:)

Chunky chips with roasted garlic aioli ~ crunchy with a good hint of salt, I wouldn't mind having this to myself if only I was not too full from my salad.

Friends of Mine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: