Saturday, October 19, 2013

Advertorial: Mocha chocolate cookie recipe

Being a homecook meant that cooking tools/ appliances are an absolutely essential part of my food preparation ritual and hence, lack of tools may be an issue for me (and probably some of you out there who are unable to afford those hefty store prices!). I was contacted a few weeks ago by a representative from Kitchenware Superstore and am happy to introduce this website to you, my lucky readers, as not only are the prices reasonable compared to what you get from most kitchen stores in the city but also, shipping is free with a minimum purchase of $150.

As Kitchenware Superstore's warehouse is located within Australia, it makes it all the more easier for us Aussies to return a product (and ring them for any queries), unlike international warehouses' which may take months to process and sometimes, you may not even get a reply! I have got a Kitchenaid coffee and spice grinder as I see myself utilizing it for days when I feel like a barista or even a spice guru. The grinder was well-packed with lots of protection around to prevent damage.

Rather than smashing away with a mortal and pestle, I can easily blitz the dry ingredients. I did notice that this particular model was able to grind my coffee beans very finely, with minimal noise:) I was drowning with recipe ideas but have decided to settle on this simple, yet delicious mocha chocolate cookie, a perfect wake up call for those exhausting days at work!

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
A sprinkle of salt
113g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coffee powder
1 cup dark and white chocolate chunks

Cream butter with sugar for at least 6 minutes before incorporating the egg. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and coffee powder together until it appears to be mixed well. Slowly fold wet mixture into dry mixture and toss in your chocolate chunks (feel free to play around with the dark to white chocolate ratio) and roll dough into a sausage shape before placing it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Slice it up and bake for 20 minutes at 150C.

Allow to cool before serving. Goes perfectly well with milk!



It's super duper easy to clean, trust me!







No comments: