Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Caffe Primo Norwood

Life as a food blogger ain't always smooth sailing and most of the time, materials obtained for blog posts require a bit of financial and time input from my behalf. And henceforth, brought us to this quaint cafe situated near the cinema along the Parade. As you can probably tell, I am indeed a scrooge and will scout high and low for a decent place to dine in whenever I go out for a meal.

Caffe Primo has many branches around South Australia and having been to a couple in the past, I am assured that I will get a decent meal for the price I am paying. The gang and I picked items from the lunch special menu that day just to fill us up prior to the heading into the cinema. At just $13.90/plate with complimentary garlic bread, what's there to complain about? The garlic bread arrived at our table all warm, fluffy and yummy:)

Fish and chips ~ probably something that I would order again as the serving size would suffice for my size and it does not taste bad at all. Well-seasoned and not overfried:)

Alla panna ~ mushrooms with bacon bits in a cream sauce. Rather filling and again, it is well-seasoned:)

Salt and pepper calamari ~ I am currently obsessed with calamari lately and have to try it out whenever I am stuck for ideas on what to order. I would have liked a bit more batter surrounding the calamari pieces but I guess this is a healthier version, do you agree?:)

Overall, I was pretty contended with what I got on the table that day as it is a lot more affordable compared to other cafes that I have been and the food is value for money in terms of flavour and portion size. Am happy to drop by again for another quick fix in the future!

  Caffe Primo on Urbanspoon

No comments: