Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Durian cheesecake recipe

I can't remember when was the last time I have posted up a recipe nor can I recall when was the last time I have baked anything. Baking is one of my favourite hobbies and never fails to put a smile on my face. Sadly, there's not enough people here to share the ups and downs of my baking here with me and hence, the lack of sweets production.

However, I do try to squeeze in a bit of time if I can and preferably, I will seek an easy, foolproof recipe. This recipe is so easy to recreate with minimal fuss. Do note that the final outcome taste depends on the type of durian used and the quality of your other ingredients. However, do not fret if this recipe's cost is outside your budget as you can still achieve something magnificent with what you have in the pantry:)

Ingredients:
Base:
160g digestive biscuits
80g softened butter

Blitz everything in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs. Press it down on to your baking tin and refrigerate for a few hours.

*I've lined my baking tin with baking paper to prevent any unwanted sticking.

Cheese layer:
500g cream cheese
90g caster sugar
300g durian flesh
3 eggs
80g milk
1 tbsp cornstarch

1. Beat cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Add durian flesh and slowly beat eggs into the mixture.
2. Add milk and cornstarch and mix until well blended.
3. Preheat oven at 170C.
4. Pour mixture into baking tin that has been lined with biscuit base. Bake at 170C in a steam bath until light brown or when a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Cool cake, preferably overnight before serving.



No comments: