Monday, November 17, 2014

Saigon Light and Rock Kung, Glen Waverley MELB

On my better days, I can be spotted wandering the streets and alleys of the CBD area whilst on my lazy days (which usually involves post-work days), I can be seen dragging myself along Kingsway avenue in search for a quick and cheap bite. Living near this food hub definitely has its perks on those days!

Felt like having Vietnamese for dinner but dreaded the thought of driving to Springvale and so..walked into Saigon Light. Viola, another favourite on my food map. Plenty of choices, be it vegetarian, noodles, soup, sharing plates and the list goes on.

Combination broken rice ~ Crispy and juicy pork wins my vote hands down. Portion wise, it was filling enough for me. Thoroughly enjoyed spooning off everything on the plate and would love to order this again in the future.

Pho ~ you can't claim to be a vietnamese restaurant without serving a bowl of pho. Broth was flavourful and more suited to my liking. Only downside was that there's not much meat pieces in the bowl so be warned if you need your daily fix of iron and protein.

If you're craving for good Chinese food, head down to Rock Kung. According to rumours, service here is temperamental depending on how busy the establishment gets but I have yet to encounter any sour moments here so let's keep it that way.

Steamed fish ~




Combination three roasts (roast duck, roast pork and barbequed pork) ~ not a big fan of their roast pork. However, barbequed pork and roast duck were chopstick licking good and worth a second trip. This plate would suffice for three people so if there's more people on the table, do let the staff know so that they can adjust the serving portions.

p.s: just about everyone around us ordered a plate of roast meat so it must be a really popular one.

  Saigon Light on Urbanspoon Rock Kung on Urbanspoon

No comments: