Friday, September 18, 2015

Banana loaf cake recipe

Whenever I want to impress a crowd with what I could bake, especially on requests, I enter into panic mode and fret about what I could try to make. Too often I flip through pages after pages from a fancy baking book that I have never attempted before to help me decide. And then I completely change my mind and go back into recipe searching mode.

After what felt like gazillion trains of ideas whiz  by, I go back to looking at simple, traditional recipes that I have tested out before but never did perfect. And this banana loaf cake is one of them. I made it before and it was good although did not deliver the magic spell I wanted.

This time round, it was perfect. I kept it in a plastic container and brought it to work the day after. When the lid is pried open, the freshly baked aroma waffles around without hesitation. And it is intoxicating. Do give this a try and you won't be disappointed.

Oh and everyone loved it. Some even dreamt of it the day after.

Ingredients:
250g butter, melted
1 cup caster sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp milk
1.5 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 cups self raising flour.

1, Beat melted butter and caster sugar until a smooth texture is achieved (about 4 minutes).
2. Add mashed bananas and continue to beat for an extra few minutes.
3. Slowly incorporate the eggs into the mixture and soon after, the vanilla and milk.
4. Bake at 160C until cake is almost done then turn off the oven and allow cake to continue cooking in residue heat.



No comments: